POSTPONED - Leadership & Horsepower: An Experience of a Lifetime!
Time & Location
About the Event
The way we approach horses is very similar to the way we lead, engage and interact in other relationships at work and in our personal lives. You cannot lead a horse from a position of hierarchy, aggression, anger or fear, insincerity or coercion. For a horse to trust and follow, the leader must come from a place of quiet inner-calm, listen carefully, be self-assured, demonstrate empathy, authenticity, composure and issue clear consistent communication. These critical modern day leadership traits are taught, practised and honed in this unique equine experience, within a multi-sensory and exciting environment.
The experience also explores the underpinning physiology and psychology of leadership. Using the scientifically-validated HeartMath system, participants will learn about how the heart, brain and nervous system interact and impact on emotions, and our responses to potentially stressful situations. Because horses are particularly sensitive to detecting changes in human physiology, and provide instant, visceral feedback, working with the horses and the HeartMath System together provides a unique and experiential way for leaders to explore and improve their emotional intelligence skills.
Delegates will leave with:
- An increased sensitivity to their leadership style and experience of their “default personal leadership style” under pressure when handling a new challenge
- Insight into the physiology of peak performance and executive resilience
- Understanding of how they physically communicate and align their intention to others
- Feedback about their authenticity, congruence and gravitas
- Practiced rapport building techniques for non-verbal communication
- A developed sensitivity to others and deepened empathetic skills
- Practice of attuning to and connecting with others using embodied listening techniques
- An understanding of resilience, psycho-physiological health and cognitive function, and how these factors impact upon their and their employee’s performance
- Techniques for communicating in ways that enhance understanding, trust and interest
- Experience of the HeartMath Quick Coherence technique and how it can help them manage their own state
- Awareness of how to motivate and inspire others through strong, visionary leadership and influence.
“It was fascinating... communicating with someone who doesn’t speak your language... I found it extremely rewarding and I drove home with a smile on my face. There was no hiding place... the horses behaved exactly how you treated them... you couldn’t fake your leadership style or your relationship. It took leadership to a new place.” - HR Director, Carlsberg
The venue is a dedicated equestrian centre set in the beautiful and picturesque Northamptonshire rolling countryside. The surrounding land, gardens and paddocks make fabulous breakout areas and during refreshment breaks delegates can wander outside and relax or spend time with the horses and alpacas.
A local chef provides a scrumptious lunch around the farmhouse kitchen table. There is a steady stream of refreshments to nourish the mind and body and keep energy levels optimised throughout the day. We can recommend a local hotel for overnight accommodation if required.
Book your place
Our next equine experience event takes place on the 30th April 2020, and costs £675 plus VAT per delegate. Costs include refreshments, lunch amd learning materials. Charities and Third Sector organisations receive 20% discount.
Places are in high demand, so reserve your place today to avoid dissapoinment. To reserve your place, or if you have got any questions, please get contact us at: email@example.com, or call us on (0)1242 529822.
- Leadership & Horsepower£810+£20.25 Service fee£810+£20.25 Service fee0£0